Last Modified: July 28, 2015
Types of Information We Collect
We may collect personal information from you, meaning information about you that can uniquely identify you (for example, your name, address, email address, and phone number) when you register for an account on the Site, order products on the Site, or if you otherwise choose to provide us with such information. We may also collect non-personal information about you, meaning information that does not uniquely identify you, when you register for an account or otherwise use the Site.
When you access and use the Site, we may also collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. We may also use third-party website analytics tools (such as Google Analytics) that collect information about user traffic on the Site. The information we may collect by automated means may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- information about the devices you use to access the Site (such as the IP address and the type of the device, operating system, and web browser);
- dates, times, and duration of use of the Site (including whether you are a repeat or first time visitor); and
- information on actions taken on the Site (such as page views and site navigation patterns).
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use information we obtain about you to:
- process orders you place on the Site and provide you with products and services you request;
- send you information or materials you request;
- maintain a record of your purchases and other transactions on our Site;
- respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support;
- communicate with you about our products, offers, and promotions;
- operate, evaluate, and improve our business and the products and services we offer;
- enforce our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; and
- comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
In addition to the uses described above, we may use the information collected through cookies to identify and authenticate Site visitors. We also may use personal information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Information We Share
We may disclose non-personal information about our users without restriction. We may disclose your personal information to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business. For example, PepPod uses third-party payment processors to process payment transactions initiated on the Site, and third-party shipping agents to deliver products you order on the Site to you. If you make a purchase on the Site, such third-party payment processors may collect or receive certain personal information about you, including, but not limited to, your credit or debit card number, expiration date, and other payment details, as well as your name, address, and other personal information. Such third parties are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
We may also disclose your personal information to: (1) comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request; (2) enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; and/or (3) if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of PepPod, users of our Site, or others.
We offer you the following choices about the information we collect from you and how we communicate with you:
- Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the Site’s features.
- Marketing Communications
- If you have signed up for an email newsletter, you may opt-out at any time by logging into your account on the Site, clicking the “Account” link at the top of any page of the Site, and adjusting your preferences. In addition, if we have sent you a marketing email, you may choose not to receive subsequent marketing emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in each email.
If you prefer not to receive mailings from us, please contact us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section below. Please be sure to provide us your name and mailing address exactly as they appear on a mailing you have received from us. We will remove your name from our mailing list as soon as possible.
- Web Analytics
- You may opt-out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you by our web analytics vendor by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Accessing and CHANGING Your Information
You can review and change the personal information associated with your account by logging into your account on the Site and clicking the “Account” link at the top of any page of the Site.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Site is not directed to, and PepPod does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from, children under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at Pep@PepPod.com.
PepPod is based in the State of Colorado in the United States. When we obtain information about you, we may transfer, process, and store such information outside of the country in which you reside, including in the United States. By using the Site, you consent to the transfer to and processing and storage of your information in countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection laws than those in the country where you reside.